Wednesday 13 June 2007

Blackbird Cam ...

I called the RSPCA centre in Stretton about the baby blackbird, and they were quite helpful in that they asked all the right questions ... i.e. Are the parents still feeding it? (don't know), Is it able to fly? (err, no, because it'd have flown off already), Can you feed it? (yeah right, what with, lamb vindaloo and peshwari naan?) ...

I agreed to monitor it for the next couple of hours until about quarter past three, after which time I'll take it to the centre for them to look after it or - worst case scenario - put it to sleep.

So anyway, I'm busy working downstairs when I come up with this idea of setting my own laptop up with my webcam out of the back window onto the flat bathroom roof (where the blackbird is, in a box) and I can watch through MSN Messenger from downstairs to see if the parents come back to feed it. So far ... zilch.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: