Wednesday 30 May 2007

Dave Gorman, Danny Wallace & Crapston Villas, I Salute You ...

I am coming to the end of one of the most rewarding not to mention funniest books I think I've ever read ... if not for the sheer lunacy of it, then for the witty, punching style in which it's been put together. "Are You Dave Gorman?" is a must read for everyone in my opinion. I'd been eyeing the book up for ages, and never actually got around to buying it, but a friend lent me it a few weeks ago and I've been reading it small chunks, so as to delay getting to the end of it (which I wholeheartedly do not want to do).

There's just something about the book's "following (moreover sticking religiously to) a bet" background, it reminds me a lot of "'Round Ireland with a Fridge" by Tony Hawks (one of my all-time personal favourites) and even "French Revolutions" by Tim Moore. I guess it's that zany streak that Dave and Danny have that makes me wish I'd got the wherewithal and freedom to be able to just bugger off on a whim and do something crazy like look solely for people that share my name!

Now I'm after their follow-ups ...
  • Join Me (Danny Wallace),
  • Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure, and
  • Yes Man (Danny Wallace).
But before I do, watch this hilarious excerpt from the Are You Dave Gorman? show ...



Crapston Villas

I also found this on YouTube, it's from probably my favourite animated "adult" comedy show, Crapston Villas. It's based on some rotten bedsits in a filthy part of South London. I look everywhere for it on DVD, but to no avail. Such a shame ...


1 comment:

Daryl said...

Yeah I'm big fans of both Dave Gorman and Danny Wallace. I've recently read Join Me and the Yes Man and both we're great - Yes Man inspiring even. It wasn't until I read Join Me that I realised Dave and Danny used to be flatmates.