Wednesday 9 May 2007

Just the beginning ...

There comes a time in most people's lives where massive, total and life-altering changes manifest themselves all at once, like three big manifesting things ... collectively they're known as pregnancy, and they're all stalking me right now.

It all started in the middle of April this year. My wife Rebecca had made a passing comment about being pregnant and I, in my usual ignorance, brushed over the subject as if she was joking. There's something unnerving though about a woman who isn't joking - she just stared at me. "D'you think I'm joking" she asked. "Oh don't muck about" I replied. All she did was stand there, arms folded, one eyebrow raised, and I knew I was buggered.

Me? A dad? Noooooo ... only when I saw that word PREGNANT on the home testing kit did it begin to sink in. I mean, at first I was mortified, but the idea quickly grew on me. I'm going to thoroughly enjoy this.

An old colleague of mine has put together a blog of his move to Australia, which got me thinking what a wonderful way to record your thoughts and emotions as they happen. So here it is, my blog for impending fatherhood.

No comments: