Sunday 13 May 2007

Eurovision Rubbish!


I don't usually watch the Eurovision, on the simple grounds that it's a big pile of steaming crap. I do, however, watch the rounds of voting and laugh my socks off at the "tactical" regional voting that goes on, especially amongst the former Soviet states, the Balkans and the former Eastern bloc countries.

So imagine my disgust when last night we watched the entire spectacle from Helsinki from beginning to end, hearing some of the tacky shite that countries with unpronounceable names put out, and had to watch Serbia take this year's crown with a song so dull it could make even the happiest amongst us feel low and depressed. And the "woman" who won it - less of a bull dyke I've never seen. Terry Wogan put it beautifully (and very sarcastically) ... "It just goes to prove that you don't need looks to make it in Eurovision".

Well the UK's Scooch didn't win, and for a time it looked like we'd be going out on nul points, but we did get something at least. What did piss me off was some girl in a pink dress "interviewing" entrants in the green room out back during breaks in voting, saying "And now here we are with England" ... bitch! It's the UK. Reminds me of the Stereophonics once saying "When we win awards, we're known as a British band, when we don't win we're known as a Welsh band".

A big hats off though to the Ukraine, who presented the funniest thing I think I've seen in years! Check it out in the link (Ukraine are right at the bottom) ... Eurovision Contestants.


No comments: