Tuesday 15 May 2007

Norman Collier, as I live & breathe ...


I was reminded today of a great old English comedian from the 1980s, who I've not thought about in years, and yet who used to have me laughing my head off whenever he was on the telly.

Trying to speak on a conference call this morning, the 'phone my colleagues were using suddenly decided it was only going to relay about 50% of what they were saying, interspersed with annoying breaks. So instead of hearing "So we need to understand what the client's requirements are", all I heard was "... we need to ...hand ... the ... lion ... mints" - or something like that.

I piped up "This is like listening to that bloke who used to only say like half of what he was saying on telly" (I'm so articulate sometimes), and from that one of my colleagues said "Ah, you mean Norman Collier". Fantastic! Not only had someone managed to decode the drivel I was spouting, but had in fact reminded me of his name. I've tried to find some footage on YouTube of his "faulty microphone" routine, but alas to no avail. Maybe he's stuck in the 80s?

No comments: